Friday, 26 October 2012

Editor’s Pick: Cheryl’s Red Hot Suede Pumps

I’ve always been a fan of big gimmicky shoes. Massive platform? Perfect! Covered with studs? Even better! But something happened to me this season. Suddenly I’m sick of anything with a platform and I’m craving ladylike shapes.

On the search for the perfect pointy shoes, I discovered these beauties from Nine West, which ring in at less than $70. Nine West and I have a complicated relationship. I’ve gone years without buying anything from them, but I always come back for a look. This time I’m really glad I did.

Red can function as a neutral, and I think anything in suede always looks more expensive (well, my friend’s mom used to say this, so maybe I’ve been unduly influenced). These are the perfect height, about three inches. Anything higher and it becomes a “car to curb” shoe. My lifestyle is much more “walk six blocks to the subway carrying two enormous bags,” and these shoes can totally handle it.

Get them here.


Published on Thursday, October 25th, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Christine Anu Rachael Leigh Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment